How Do I Maintain My CHES Certification?
The latest updates in maintaining your CHES certification with NCHEC.
- Discuss the recertification requirements for Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) and Master Certified Health Education Specialist (MCHES)
- List the key resources available to earn Continuing Education Contact Hours for CHES and MCHES.
About The Presenters
Vice Coordinator for Division Board for Professional Development
Julie Luht holds a Master of Public Health from the George Washington University and a Bachelors of Science in Dietetics from James Madison University. She has over a decade of public health consulting and workplace wellness experience. Her areas of expertise include nutrition, exercise, and weight management program design; continuing education for health professionals; online training; health policy development; programming for underserved communities and adolescents; and curriculum design. Ms. Luht is very active in the health education community, serving the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing (NCHEC) as the vice coordinator on the Division Board for Professional Development and as a member of the Board of Commissioners. She is a Master Certified Health Education Specialist (MCHES).
Michael J. Hodges
Michael J. Hodges has been an employee of the Bloomfield Department of Health & Human Services since September 2005. He is currently serving as the Health Educator/Accreditation Coordinator.
Michael graduated from Montclair State University with a BS in Biology in 1998. From there, he worked for PriceWaterhouseCoopers and then moved on to NYLIFE. Not exactly pleased with the corporate environment, he spent two years teaching at a school for autistic children. During that time, Michael also began graduate school and completed a Masters degree in the Health Sciences. Michael is also a founding member and Vice-President the Essex County Health Education Association, and President of a Blue Ribbon Charter School in Newark, NJ.
- Log in/sign up (free) to review your viewing and purchase history (if any).
- Complete the evaluation for this webinar using the link below.
- If you choose to purchase continuing education credits click the 'Options' tab above. We MUST receive your completed evaluation with your payment before credit can be issued.
- For further information visit our FAQ page.